Please note: Before you can set up sections of a coordinated course for the first the time, you need to write to firstname.lastname@example.org for your account to get coordinator privileges.
Coordinated course basics
Coordinated courses make it easy to manage a multi-section course by allowing you to create a coordinator course with "member sections" whose assignments and content are synchronized with the coordinator course.
- Changes made to assignments/problems at the coordinator level are automatically pushed out to all sections of the course.
- Each member section gets its course content (assignments and problems) from the coordinator course, but preserves control over its own student roster, setting available/due dates, and making assignments hidden or visible (in case some sections cover a subset/superset of the content).
- Students can be transferred between sections with their work and grades intact
- Different member sections can be shared with different instructors, streamlining the process of managing a course with a large teaching staff.
Working with coordinated courses
- To create a coordinated course, refer to Creating a member section in a coordinated course.
- To make assignments available to member sections and synchronize assignment changes with member sections, refer to Managing assignments in a coordinated course.
- To transfer students between member courses, see Transferring a student across sections in a coordinated course.