Configuring Edfinity an an external tool in D2L
As a D2L administrator, follow these steps to integrate Edfinity with D2L as an external tool.
- Contact Edfinity at email@example.com to receive a consumer key and shared secret for your institution.
- Under Site Resources, select External Learning Tools.
- Select Manage Tool Providers, and then select New Tool Provider.
- Specify the following values:
- Launch Point = edfinity.com
- OAuth Signature Method = HMAC-SHA1
- Secret = <provided secret>
- Key = <provided key> - make sure Use custom tool consumer information is checked.
- Name = Edfinity (or name of your choice)
- Security Settings - be sure ALL of these options are checked.
After the external tool is created, you and authorized users will be able to create external tool links within lessons that link to an assignment or course. See Integrating D2L with Edfinity for more information.
Testing the Integration
If you'd like to test the integration without setting up your own Edfinity account, you can follow the following steps:
- From D2L, open your course and select a module.
- Select Add Existing Activities, and then select External Learning Tools.
- Select Manage External Learning Tools at the bottom of the dialog, and then select Manage External Tool Links.
- Select New Link.
- Enter the following values:
- URL =https://edfinity.com/lti/assess?assignment_id=5e1df06d1a0ec26dfebf2787
- Signature = Tool consumer key/secret
- Save and then select the link to add it.
- When launched, if you are taken to edfinity.com and prompted to enroll (at no cost), the integration is working.