Configuring Edfinity as an external tool in Moodle
As a Moodle administrator, follow these steps to integrate Edfinity with Moodle as an external tool.
- Contact Edfinity at email@example.com to receive a consumer key and shared secret for your institution.
- In Site Administration, select the Plugins tab, and then select Manage tools.
- Enter https://edfinity.com/lti/configure.xml into the Tool URL, and select Add.
- Enter your consumer key and shared secret, and save changes.
- The tool will be created. Select the configure icon within the tool panel.
- Under the Tool settings group, select "Show more...".
- Make sure Content-Item Message is checked.
- Set Content Selection URL = https://edfinity.com/lti/select_assignment
- Under Privacy:
- Set Share launcher's name with tool = Always
- Set Share launcher's email with tool = Always
- Set Accept grades from the tool = Always
- Educators will now be able to integrate their courses using these instructions.
Testing the Integration
If you'd like to test the integration without setting up your own Edfinity account, you can follow the following steps:
- In a Moodle course, create an assignment
- Add an External Tool to your course, and use the following URL: https://edfinity.com/lti/assess?assignment_id=5e1df06d1a0ec26dfebf2787
- Save the tool.
- When launched, if you are taken to edfinity.com and prompted to enroll (at no cost), the integration is working.