This article provides specific instructions for configuring Edfinity coursework with Moodle. Requires Moodle 4.0 or higher.
Create a new External tool in Moodle
- Log into your Moodle instance as an administrator and visit Site Administration, then Plugins.
- Under External tools, click Manage tools.
- Click Configure a tool manually.
Configure Edfinity as an External Tool
- Enter name of the tool (Edfinity) in the Tool name field.
- In the Tool URL field, enter
- For LTI version, select "LTI 1.3"
- For Public key type, select "Keyset URL"
- For Public keyset, enter
- For Initiate login URL, enter
- For Redirection URI(s), enter
- For Tool Configuration Usage, choose "Show in activity chooser and as a preconfigured tool".
- For Default Launch Container, choose New Window.
- Check the box next to Supports Deep Linking
- For Content Selection URL,
- In the Services section, for IMS LTI Assignment and Grade Services, choose Use this service for grade sync and column management.
- In the Privacy section, choose Always for each option (strongly recommended) and check Force SSL.
- Click the Save changes button.
Register the Moodle Client ID with Edfinity
- Find the Tool that was created earlier in the Manage tools page of Moodle.
- Click "View configuration details" and keep the pop-up dialog open.
If you don't already have one, sign up for an Edfinity account. For account type, choose Educator.
- In a new browser window, go to https://edfinity.com/ltia/registration.
- Copy the Platform ID value from the Moodle configuration details page to the Platform Root URL field in Edfinity.
- Copy the Client ID value from the Moodle configuration details page to the Client ID field in Edfinity.
- Copy the Public keyset URL value from the Moodle configuration details page to the Key Set URL field in Edfinity.
- Copy the Access token URL value from the Moodle configuration details page to the Authorization Token URL field in Edfinity.
- Copy the Authentication request URL value from the Moodle configuration details page to the Authorization Login URL field in Edfinity.
- Click the Save button.
Now, Edfinity should be accessible by educators in Moodle when setting up resources in Moodle activities.