You can link your Edfinity course to Brightspace in one of two ways:
- You can link each Edfinity assignment to Brightspace individually and a grade will be passed back for each assignment. This is the most common configuration.
- You can also link to an entire Edfinity course as a single Brightspace assignment, and a single averaged grade for all assignments (calculated by the Edfinity grade book) will be passed back to Brightspace.
Your Brightspace administrator needs to add Edfinity as a Brightspace App before you can link your Edfinity course to Brightspace. If you do not see Edfinity in your course navigation menu, please ask your institution's Brightspace administrator to contact us at email@example.com. If you are a Brightspace administrator, detailed instructions for setting up LTI authentication can be found in the administration guide.
Connecting your Edfinity and Brightspace courses
- Go to Course that you want to add tool to
- Click “Content” in top navigation in course
- Under Table of Contents click the module that you want to add the tool too (you may need to Add a module)
- Click Add Existing then External Tool Activity.
- Choose Edfinity for the External Tool Activity.
- Enter the title of the link for display in the course ("Edfinity Assignments").
- For LTI URL, enter https://edfinity.com/ltia/course_link
- Choose the Edfinity LTI 1.3 Tool from the drop-down list.
- Click Create and Insert.
- Follow the newly-created link.
- Select the Edfinity course that corresponds with your Brightspace course.
Your students can now use the Edfinity Assignments link to access your Edfinity course content.
Using deep linking (optional)
Usually, using the above instructions is all you need to integrate Edfinity into Brightspace. At times you may want links to specific Edfinity assignments. To add them, follow these steps.
- Go to the course and module you want to add Edfinity links to.
- In the module, click the Add Existing button.
- In the More section, Third Party subsection, choose Edfinity Content Links. (If you don't see this option, ask your administrator to add this using the Edfinity administrator instructions for D2L/Brightspace.)
- Choose the Edfinity assignment and click Get Assignment Link.