If you have integrated Edfinity with Canvas, you can use Honorlock to monitor students as they complete an Edfinity assignment. Note: HonorLock is a Google Chrome extension and students must use Chrome.
Configuring Honorlock proctoring with an Edfinity assignment
To use HonorLock proctoring in conjunction with an Edfinity assignment:
- Ensure you have Honorlock properly installed within Canvas.
- Create a deep-linked assignment that launches the desired Edfinity assignment. See Integrating Canvas with Edfinity (LTI 1.1) for more information.
- In Edfinity, configure the assignment to require a password to start. See Password-protecting an assignment for more information.
- In Canvas, copy the URL for your Canvas assignment to the clipboard. It should look something like "courses/[id]/assignments/[yy]".
- Select Honorlock from the navigation menu.
- From the Honorlock menu, select Register Third Party Exam.
- Fill in the fields for your quiz. Paste the copied URL for your Canvas assignment into the Exam URL field.
- For the exam password, specify the password you have configured for your Edfinity assignment above.
- Choose your proctoring settings and student guidelines.
- Select Save.
- Before the day of the quiz, be sure your quiz is published in Canvas, and visible and available in Edfinity.
After an Honorlock quiz has been added, students can access it as follows:
- Select Honorlock in course navigation.
- Select Launch next to the quiz.
- Follow instructions to launch a secure Honorlock session in Chrome. This will redirect the student to the quiz.
- Select Enter Password (from Honorlock buttons) to automatically cut/paste the password into the password field.
- Select Start to start the quiz.