You can link your Edfinity course to Canvas in one of two ways:
- You can link each Edfinity assignment to Canvas individually and a grade will be passed back for each assignment. This is the most common configuration.
- You can also link to an entire Edfinity course as a single Canvas assignment, and a single averaged grade for all assignments (calculated by the Edfinity grade book) will be passed back to Canvas.
Your Canvas admin needs to add Edfinity as a Canvas App before you can link your Edfinity course to Canvas. If you do not see Edfinity in your course navigation menu, please ask your institution's Canvas administrator to contact us at email@example.com. If you are a Canvas administrator, detailed instructions for setting up LTI authentication can be found in the administration guide.
Step 1: Indicate your course will be accessed from Canvas
- Go to your course page on Edfinity, select the Settings tab, and open the LMS Integration section of the Settings tab.
- Select From your LMS and then select Canvas.
- Select if you are linking/grading assignments individually or using a single course link/grade.
Step 2: Connect your Canvas and Edfinity courses
- Select Edfinity in your course navigation.
- In the course selector, select the Edfinity course that corresponds with the Canvas course and select Connect courses.
- If you are not using a single grade for you course, you have the option of replicating Edfinity assignments in Canvas. Note that this is not necessary for students to begin, and as students take Edfinity assignments they will be automatically created in Canvas.
- Configure your assignments (e.g., due date) in Edfinity, not in Canvas.
- Your students can start their Edfinity assignment by clicking the Edfinity link in their Canvas course navigation.
If you are using the multiple assignment style of integration, some information will be updated in Canvas when it changes in Edfinity: assignment names, due dates, and point values. Names and due dates are updated immediately after changes. Reload Canvas pages to see changes. Point values are changed with the assignment is published in Edfinity. (Note that Canvas does not accept availability dates from Edfinity.)