Adaptive Learning leverages machine learning and artificial intelligence to continually assess each student’s strengths and weaknesses and precisely fill learning gaps with personalized content and assessments. Edfinity Adaptive Learning improves performance, promotes mastery, and builds a robust foundation for future coursework.
How it works
- Continuous diagnosis of strengths and weaknesses.
- Targeted guidance through personalized problem pathways that move the student forward.
- Self-paced progress through learning objectives with educator support.
Edfinity Adaptive Learning provides socio-emotional support, builds confidence, and fills gaps in learning.
Backed by proven research
- Builds upon Bayesian Knowledge Tracing (BKT) and Knowledge Space Theory (KST) developed at Carnegie Mellon and University of California Irvine.
- Continually assesses each student’s knowledge state – the topics they’ve mastered, struggle with, and are ready to learn.
The Edfinity difference
Edfinity overcomes three major shortcomings in legacy adaptive systems:
- ‘Black Box’ adaptivity. Edfinity empowers educators to customize every aspect of the Adaptive experience.
- Student frustration. No more endless, mandated remediation. Edfinity allows students to pace their mastery without falling behind and builds their confidence.
- Predatory pricing. Edfinity access costs between $17 and $29 per student depending on scale of adoption and support - a fraction of the cost of legacy adaptive systems.
Adaptive Learning is now available for most Edfinity courses. For more information, see Getting started with Adaptive Learning.