There is a two week grace period for students from their time of enrollment on Edfinity. If a student enrolls in an Edfinity class using an access code and is dropped during the grace period, their access code is marked as unused and is made available to be sold to another student. Thus, the student can be refunded for their purchase.
If a student wishes to 'return' an access code within 2 weeks of purchase, the bookstore can follow the following steps to verify the code has been unused and that the student can be refunded:
- Log into the bookstore's Edfinity account from which the access code was purchased
- Click on the user menu in the top right, and then select 'Access Codes'
- You will then see a dashboard with information about the codes.
- If a student's code is marked as 'available', then the code can be sold to another student
- You may now issue a refund to the student, and reissue the Access Code to another student.
The video below shows these steps.
Note: Please DO NOT ask the student to contact Edfinity for a refund. Because Edfinity has not directly transacted with the student, it is not possible for Edfinity to directly issue a refund to the student.