You can use assignment prerequisites to set conditions that must be met in order for a student to start a given assignment (conditional release). For example, you might want them to have achieved a minimum score on Square Roots before they can start the Quadratic Formula to demonstrate mastery of the building-block skills needed for that assignment.
Adding a prerequisite to an assignment
To add a prerequisite to an assignment:
- Go to the assignment page on Edfinity and select the Settings tab.
- Scroll down and open the Prerequisite Assignments tab.
- Select Add prerequisite and then select a prerequisite assignment.
- Specify the condition which must be met for that assignment, one of the following values:
- Must start
- Must have a minimum score
- Must complete a percentage
- Repeat the previous steps as needed to add additional prerequisites assignments.
- Specify whether prerequisites are always enforced or that they are enforced until a given date. After the date passes, students will be able to start the assignment regardless of whether the prerequisites have been met.
Viewing student progress and waiving prerequisites
You can view student progress and waive prerequisites for individual students to allow them to start an assignment even if they have not met the prerequisites for it. To view student progress on assignment prerequisites, go to Scores tab of the assignment and select the student's name.
A student who has not yet completed their prerequisites will see a similar view.