Note: This feature is currently only available by request. If you want to set up a coordinator course, please contact us at email@example.com.
To set up a single course with multiple sections, within Edfinity you can create a coordinator course and then invite other educators to create associated member courses.
A coordinator course manages all course content, including the assignments and the problems contained within those assignments. Each member course gets its course content from the coordinator course, while maintaining its own student roster and controlling assignment availability.
Note that it's up to you whether you use the coordinator course in a classroom. You can also preserve the coordinator course as a top-level template and set up personal member courses as needed.
Making an assignment available to member courses
An assignment must be published in order to be available to each member course. To publish assignments, go to to the coordinator course and select the Assignments tab.
- Select the assignments you want to make available.
- Select Publish. A copy of each assignment will automatically be created in each member course. Note that availability dates are not copied over into member assignments. The member assignment is initially hidden from students and member course owners should make assignments available to students based on their own course schedules.
Synchronizing assignment changes with member courses
Within a coordinator course, if you edit a problem or an assignment and want to make those changes available to member courses, you just need to publish the assignment. All content-based changes will automatically be synchronized with the corresponding assignment in the member course. Students who have started work on the assignment will also receive the changes. Note that student assignment updates can take some time to fully synchronize depending on the number of students.
To publish an assignment, go to the assignment and select Publish.
Transferring students between member courses
A student can easily be transferred between member courses. All student work will be preserved during the transfer. To transfer a student from one member course to another, go to the member course and select the Students tab.
- Select the student. After the quick view appears, select Open.
- Select the Information tab.
- Select the member course to which you want to transfer the student.
- Select Transfer.
If you need to transfer a student from a member course to which you do not have edit access, ask the owner of the course to share the course with you. For more information, see Sharing a course.