Configuring Edfinity as an external app in Canvas
As a Canvas administrator, follow these steps to integrate Edfinity with Canvas as an external app.
- Contact Edfinity at email@example.com to receive a consumer key and shared secret for your institution.
- In Admin Settings, select the Apps tab, and then add a new app.
- Select Configuration Type of By URL.
- Enter your app name, consumer key, and shared secret.
- Specify Config URL = https://edfinity.com/lti/configure.xml
- Select Submit.
- The Edfinity app will be created. Educators will now be able to integrate their courses using these instructions.
Canvas Information Transmission Summary
|Category||Sent to Edfinity||Received from Edfinity|
Canvas user ID, user role, and LTI role
Optional, but highly recommended: First Name, Last Name, and Email*
*Without email, we have no way of contacting students and thus cannot provide technical support to them.
|Course Information||Canvas course ID||N/A|
|Assessment Content||Canvas resource ID||N/A|
|Scores||N/A||Score information returned from Edfinity via OAuth. The information is transmitted using encrypted identifiers for the user and cannot be traced back to a student, even if intercepted.|