Students can access Edfinity assignments from Blackboard without creating an Edfinity account. When a student completes an assignment, the grade is passed back to Blackboard.
Indicate your course will be accessed from Blackboard
To indicate students will access the course via LMS, go to your course and open the LMS/LTI section of the Settings tab. Select From your LMS and then select Blackboard.
Ask your administrator to set up LTI authentication
After you create your course in Edfinity, if you are prompted to set up LMS integration, please ask your Blackboard administrator to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a Blackboard administrator, detailed instructions for setting up LTI authentication can be found in the administration guide.
Linking to Edfinity assignments
From Blackboard, you can link to Edfinity assignments individually and a grade will be passed back for each assignment. This is the most common configuration. You can also, link to an entire Edfinity course as a single Blackboard assignment with an averaged grade.
Linking to individual assignments (multiple grades)
- From Blackboard, open your course, and select Content.
- Select Build Content, and then select Edfinity. A new window will open to let you create an LTI link to the assignment.
- Select assignments and they will be added to your course content.
- If you do not see Edfinity as an option, please contact your Blackboard administrator in order to configure the correct placement.
Linking to an entire course (single grade)
- Go to your Edfinity course and select the Settings tab. Open the LMS/LTI Integration section and select Advanced settings.
- Select the Clipboard icon to copy the external tool URL.
- From Blackboard open your course, and select Content.
- Select Build Content, and then Web Link.
- Enter the copied URL.
- Check This is a link to a tool provider.
- Enable evaluation.
Coordinating due dates
Edfinity and your LMS both have a means of setting availability dates and due dates. Issues can arise when the two systems get out of sync.
Grades are posted from Edfinity to your LMS when an assignment is finished. This happens either after the due date passes, or when a student finishes an assignment with the "Release when completed" release method configured.
Unless you have all of your assignments set to "Release when completed," you will need to coordinate due dates. We recommend using Edfinity to manage the dates and allow unrestricted access to assignments from within your LMS. If this isn't possible, you will need to ensure due dates are manually synchronized in both systems in order to prevent issues with availability.