As a Blackboard administrator for your institution, follow these steps to allow educators to create Web Links to Edfinity courses and assignments.
- Open your list of LTI Tool Providers and click "Register Provider Domain".
- Enter the fields as follows:
- For Provider Domain, use "edfinity.com".
- Use the Tool Provider Key and Secret provided by Edfinity. You can request a key at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Select "Name" and "Email Address" under "User Fields to Send". If you don't send at least the user's names, educators will see all students as generic users.
- Create a Placement for the new Edfinity Tool Provider.
- Edit the new Placement as follows.
- Label the placement "Edfinity".
- For type, choose "Course Content Tool" and "Allows Grading" (but not "Supports Deep Linking").
- For "Tool Provider URL", use "https://edfinity.com/lti/assess".
- Choose "Launch in New Window". If you wish to use an icon, you may use this 50x50 icon:
- Provide these instructions to educators for making Web Links.
If you'd like to test the integration without setting up your own Edfinity account, you can use this demonstration assignment URL for testing:
Registering for this course is free.