You can link your Edfinity course to Moodle in one of three ways:
- You can create a Moodle activity for each Edfinity assignment. This requires individual attention to each assignment, and changes in Edfinity will not be automatically synchronized. A grade will be passed back for each assignment.
- You can link to an entire Edfinity course as one Moodle activity, and have separate Moodle gradebook columns appear for each Moodle assignment as students perform work. As in option 1, a grade will be passed back for each assignment.
- You can also link to an entire Edfinity course as a single Moodle activity, and have a single averaged grade for all assignments (calculated by the Edfinity grade book) passed back to Moodle.
Your Moodle admin needs to add Edfinity as an External Tool before you can link your Edfinity course to Moodle. If you do not see Edfinity in your list of activities, please ask your institution's Moodle administrator to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a Moodle administrator, detailed instructions for setting up LTI authentication can be found in the administration guide.
Step 1: Indicate your course will be accessed from Moodle
- Go to your course page on Edfinity, select the Settings tab, and open the LMS Integration section of the Settings tab.
- Select From your LMS and then select Moodle.
- Select if you are linking/grading assignments individually or using a single course link/grade.
Step 2: Connect your Moodle and Edfinity courses
- With Edit Mode on in your course, select Add an activity or resource.
- From the list of activities, choose Edfinity.
- Choose the Select Content button.
- Log into Edfinity if necessary, and choose the Edfinity course that corresponds with your Moodle course. Select Connect courses.
- If you are using a single, summarized grade, continue with Step 4.
- If you want each Edfinity assignment to be its own Moodle activity, continue to Step 3. Otherwise, choose the Show as single activity button and continue to Step 4.
Step 3 (Optional): Create Moodle activities for each Edfinity course
- Select the Edfinity assignment you want to add to Moodle. Then click Get assignment link.
- Set the options as described in Step 4. Then, repeat for each assignment by adding a new Moodle activity, choosing the Edfinity activity, and choosing the next Edfinity assignment. (This is the only way to add all Edfinity assignments as Moodle activities.)
Step 4: Choose Moodle settings for the activity
- in the General section, click on Show More. For Launch container, choose New Window. (Without this setting, some browsers may have issues signing students into Edfinity.)
- In the Grade section, ensure the Maximum Grade setting is correct. Change to points in Edfinity will not be reflected in Moodle.
Your students can now begin Edfinity assignments using the Moodle activity link or links.